Purpose of the Scholarship
- For the benefit of all new or existing scouts registered with Troop 155.
- Scouts can request or be nominated to receive scholarship funds in order to get started with uniform and dues or to help scouts be able to participate in scouting activities offered by Troop 155 .
- This fund can be used
for,but is not limited to, registration fees and scout dues, BSA national or local council event fees, Troop 155 event fees, or necessary gear directly related to scouting activity participation.
Requesting a Scholarship
- Those interested in obtaining a scholarship must apply by completing the T155 Scout Scholarship Request Form. This form requires that the applicants provide information about the scout, their participation in scouting, the intended use the requested funds, and more.
- Completed forms can be submitted in person, by mail, or emailed. Please mark them “Attention Scout Scholarship” and direct them to either the Scoutmaster Mr. Michael Isaacson or the Committee Chair Mrs. Tracey Kriesler.
- Please submit requests as early as possible before an event to allow enough time for review by the Scholarship Sub-Committee.
Determination of Awards
- All applications will be reviewed by a Scholarship Sub-Committee composed of the Troop 155 Key Three Leadership; Charter Organization Representative, Committee Chair, and Scoutmaster.
- Decisions will be based on past and present scout and family participation in scouting activities and troop fundraising, intended use, and other information collected on the application.
- All personal information will be kept confidential and will only be viewed and discussed by the Scouting Scholarship Sub-Committee for this purpose.
Scholarship Recipient’s Obligation to Troop 155
- In order to receive a scholarship and be eligible for future scholarships, the scout should be active in the troop, attending minimally 50% of any of the following; regular troop and patrol meetings, monthly outings, service projects, or other events.
- They should also be working toward rank advancement or otherwise contributing to the success of the troop.
- Scholarship recipients will be expected to volunteer in assisting Troop 155 with all its major fundraising activities throughout the year following an award; Pancake Breakfast, Fourth of July, Popcorn & Wreath Sales, or other such offerings.
Ready to submit an application?